Serving Idaho Falls
Dental fillings are an easy solution to a painful problem: cavities! If you have tooth pain or discomfort, it’s important to see a dentist as soon as possible. If cavities are not filled as soon as possible, they will continue to expand, and cause a much bigger issue!
What is a Cavity?
Also known as a dental carie, a tooth cavity occurs when food and bacteria weaken the enamel of your tooth.
- Bacteria are naturally occurring within your mouth.
- The bacteria eat sugary or starchy food particles.
- This forms plaque.
- The plaque on your teeth excretes acids which gradually weaken the tooth.
- After a period of time, the tooth begins to decay, and your tooth now has a hole.
- This hole is a cavity, and it needs to be filled!
Cavities Need to Be Filled Quickly
Once it has begun, tooth decay never stops expanding, eating through the tooth and in most cases, causing extreme pain. If you do not take care of the cavity right away, it will expand until the tooth needs to be removed. Tooth extraction is a painful and costly procedure, but more importantly: it’s entirely preventable! You can avoid a painful tooth removal simply by having the cavity treated and filled.
Ready To Schedule A Dental Appointment?Click below to leave your information and our friendly staff will contact you shortly!
Dental Fillings for Cavities
Dental fillings can be made out of a variety of materials, including metal. Here are just some of the materials we recommend:
- Composite resin: These fillings are made of composite resin, and made to match natural teeth. These fillings are durable and strong.
- Ceramic fillings: Made from porcelain, these fillings are also considered “composite” fillings. They are long-lasting as well as visually satisfying. Ceramics are tooth-colored and tend to be much more resistant to discoloration and abrasion, compared to composite resin. They can be more delicate, and should not be used for very small fillings.
- Metal fillings: Made of gold, amalgam, or other metals, these fillings were the only option for decades. They are extremely visible, and gold can be costly.
Professional Recommendations for Dental Fillings
When you come into Premier Dental for a tooth cavity filling, we’ll make sure all of your options are presented to you clearly and professionally. We’ll help you weigh the pros and cons of dental filling materials, making sure that you have the best option for your teeth! Dental fillings don’t have to be a major issue, and they should be taken care of as soon as you can. If you’re worried about a possible cavity, or about the procedure itself, contact Premier Dental. We’ll schedule an appointment and talk you through the entire process, making sure you’re as comfortable as possible!< Back to General Dentistry
Dental Fillings in Idaho Falls ID
Serving clients in the greater Idaho Falls area: